School-based & School-Linked Support Services - Introduction
This page introduces the topics covered in this sub-section of wiki-summaries on school-based and school-linked services provided by other ministries and agencies such as development & relief agencies, health, agriculture, child protection, law enforcement, security, environmental safety, municipalities, youth employment and others. These topics have been identified and are being developed through the previous and current activities of the International Discussion Group on School-based and School-Linked Services.
Click on any of the items listed in the navigation bar on the right hand side of this page to access the various summaries. The wiki-summaries will eventually include Glossary Terms (1-3 paragraphs), Encyclopedia Entries (Two pages), Handbook Sections (Book Chapters) and Bibliographies/Toolboxes (Extensive lists updated periodically) as well as Additional Resources.
We welcome your comments and suggestions which you can post on the pages linked to this introduction or send them directly to email@example.com
The topics described here include several school-based and school-linked policies, programs, services and practices.
Key Messages/Lessons Learned:
Here are some of the key messages or things that we have learned thus far in these discussions:
For updates and reader comments on this section, go to our Mini-Blog on School-based & School-linked Services
The number of summaries completed or drafted in this section are listed below)
- School Feeding
- Menstrual Health & Hygiene
- Refugees & Displaced Students
- Emergency Trauma Services
- Support for Students with Disabilities
- Tutoring/After School - Summer School
- School-Linked Clinics/Physicians'
- School Nurses
- School-based Physicians
- Allied Health Services Professionals
- Vaccinations & Immunizations
- Education for Hospitalized Students
- Administering Medications in Schools
- Services for Pregnant Students
- Family Violence/Sexual Abuse
- Child Exploitation/Trafficking
- Services for Incarcerated Students
- Services for Students in Group/Care
- School Psychology & Psychologists
- Informal Supports in the Community
- Key Concepts/Insights/Issues
- How to Implement, Maintain, Scale Up, Sustain, Build Capacity, Adapt to Different Contexts, Leverage to Support Core Components.
- Implications of Ecological/ Systems Approach